The Lead Financial Planner at Donaldson Capital Management is an integral part of our team, serving as the true connection between our clients, support team, and advisors. This great communicator, influencer, and enthusiastic person will support the vision, positive culture, and team spirit.
The Lead Financial Planner supports the DCM wealth management process through financial plan development and planning expertise. This individual is responsible for the high-level support and preparation of the financial plan development and working with the Advisory Team to ensure all commitments are completed and followed through promptly.
This position requires a pro-active approach and the ability to carry out the duties of the position independently. The ideal candidate should exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, good judgment, and the ability to take the initiative. The ability to effectively manage time and multi-task with attention to detail is critical to this role.
Client and Advisory Engagement
- Supports Advisory Team in preparing for client meetings through the delivery of financial planning
- Regularly monitors clients’ financial situations with attention to detail and accuracy
- Engages directly with clients at the direction of advisory teams
- Leads pre-client meeting activities such as preparation of meeting agendas, Investment Policy Statements, asset allocations as well as post-client meeting tasks such as client financial situation analyses, and coordinates planning implementation
- Delivers multi-disciplinary financial planning support for high net-worth clientele as directed
- Develops and provides risk management planning support, including insurance, annuity, long-term care, and life insurance analysis
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to recommend the best solution to solve client or operational problems and be accountable for those decisions.
- Supports the advisory team week over week in any assigned Advisor client planning cases.
- Focuses on high-level planning support and complex client deliverables as assigned for client planning cases and will be asked to present (advisor discretion) in client meetings
- Identifies gaps and recommendations in the financial plan and provides feedback to the advisor.
- Review task assignments for each client and work directly with team members to ensure all follow-up and action items resulting from client meetings are documented in CRM and completed within the specified time frame.
- Under the direct oversight of the Advisor, actively engages in Client Case Prep meetings, providing recommendations and feedback relative to the client’s financial plan as appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing statements, forecasting review data, developing a meeting agenda format, creating presentations, case documentation, and deliverables for all assigned clients.
- Supports planning team in developing and maintaining documentation utilizing client documentation standards.
- Engage and prepare client onboarding requirements with financial planning software
- Supports Compliance to maintain an effective and robust investment advisory compliance program
- Performs other compliance-related tasks and projects as assigned
Experience and Education:
- A bachelor’s degree with CFP® designation
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial planning role
- Series 65 required
- Leadership experience preferred
- Experience with Securities, Financial Planning, Investments, and Insurance preferred
- Experience working with various Custodian Platforms (Fidelity, Schwab, TD, etc.)
- Experience with financial planning software (E-Money)
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Knowledge of Broker-Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations
- Demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and can deal with confidential information daily.
- Ability to deal with stress in an ever-changing investment market and financial services
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation includes base salary plus a company revenue pool incentive.
Generous benefits include: Medical, Vision, and Dental, Health Savings Account contribution, PTO and paid holidays, Life and AD&D, LTD, STD, Traditional and Roth 401(k) with match, Profit Sharing, Tuition Assistance Program, and more.