*New hire must work out of the Evansville, Indiana office
Their primary role is to support the Investment Policy Committee and Advisors. This individual is responsible for trading/rebalancing investment accounts. They are responsible for executing the intended strategy, all trading, distribution requests, tax harvesting reviews, opportunistic rebalancing, and cash investment needs. A Trading Specialist must understand client goals and objectives while working closely with the Investment Management Teams. A successful Trading Specialist will monitor assigned accounts, meet department trading needs, and excel at performing all job duties as described below. The Trading Specialist is always expected to stay abreast of market and economic events and the current opinions and projections of our Investment Policy Committee.
- Monitors analytical tools and reports to provide critical information for short-term cash and liquidity management. Continuously monitors, analyzes, and forecasts cash flows and investment projections.
- Responsible for all trades, CRM trading requests, and management of the strategy intended
- Setup new client accounts in portfolio management software and implements strategy
- Perform manual reviews for trading opportunities and document portfolio comments in the CRM
- Perform daily reviews for available cash to invest from daily deposit reports
- Perform daily reviews for risk issues as assigned
- Implement changes to trading software for cash need reviews and strategy updates
- Review trading software positions with restrictions and confirm accuracy before placing trades
- Manage the accounts with periodic reviews for:
- Tax harvesting
- Opportunistic rebalancing
- Cash investment needs
- Cash generation and distribution needs
- Generates queries for management that:
- Model scenarios to support a client’s investment analysis
- Summarize the investment department activity and changes to the portfolio
- Engages with other departments to support the company's operational effectiveness; provides support in areas such as workflow efficiency, compliance, reporting, etc.
- Communicate with Investment Advisors to explain trades and answer questions
- Develop one-time recommendations for outside accounts
- Assists the manager in creating and updating trading policies and procedures as needed
- Works closely with the operations manager to support client service efficiencies and the client experience
Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance, or economics
- 1-2 years finance, trading, or other relative financial services experience preferred
- Series 65 (or equivalent substitute) attained within 120 days of hire
- Mutual fund, equity, or bond trading experience preferred
- Trading and Rebalancing experience with systems such as Orion, Envestnet, Tamarac, etc. preferred
- Experience working with various Custodian Platforms (Fidelity, Schwab, TD, etc.) preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Understanding the stock market
- Displays initiative and willingness to learn
- Notable analytical skills
- Continuously demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and can deal with confidential information.
- Ability to deal with high-stress situations
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems.
- Proficiency in Firm CRM preferred
- Experience with industry tools such as Orion, Envestnet, Advent, Bloomberg, etc., is strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation includes base salary plus a company revenue pool incentive.
Generous benefits include: Medical, Vision, and Dental, Health Savings Account contribution, PTO and paid holidays, Life and AD&D, LTD, STD, Traditional and Roth 401(k) with match, Profit Sharing, Tuition Assistance Program, and more.