This position can serve in our Evansville, IN, or Atlanta, GA offices
The Senior Financial Planner at Donaldson Capital Management is an integral part of our team, serving as the true connection between our clients, support team, and advisors. This great communicator, influencer, and enthusiastic person will support the vision, positive culture, and team spirit.
The Senior Financial Planner supports the DCM wealth management process through financial plan development and planning expertise. This individual is responsible for supporting advisory team core client planning needs, workflow best practices and cross-department collaboration, executing strategic initiatives, providing oversight of planning team analytical work. Coaching, mentoring, and develop planning teammates is an essential skill.
This position requires a pro-active approach and the ability to carry out the duties of the position independently. The ideal candidate should exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, good judgment, and the ability to take initiative. The ability to effectively manage time and multi-task with attention to detail is critical to this role.
Client and Advisory Engagement
- Serves as the team lead for the core financial planning team and reports to the Director of Financial Planning (DFP)
- Responsible for mentorship, coaching, and development of planning team
- Collaborates with DFP to set standards for planning practices across plan deliverables
- Develops, implements, adapts and holds team accountable to workflow standards
- Responsible for comprehensive financial plan creation from data gathering to implementation and monitoring
- Networks with attorneys, CPAs, CFPs, industry peers to stay on top of trends and best practices and incorporates those into DCM financial planning practices
- Collaborates with DCM leadership on strategic initiatives and executive’s priorities identified in the development of the department
- Participates in client meetings as the expert in financial planning matters
- Delegates case preps to another Financial-Planner/s as needed and manages teammate capacity
- Provides cross-training opportunities to internal colleagues
- Supports Advisory Team in preparing for client meetings through the delivery of financial planning
- Regularly monitors clients’ financial situations with attention to detail and accuracy
- Engages directly with clients at the direction of advisory teams
- Leads pre-client meeting activities such as preparation of meeting agendas, Investment Policy Statements, asset allocations as well as post-client meeting tasks such as client financial situation analyses, and coordinates planning implementation
- Delivers multi-disciplinary financial planning support for high net-worth clientele as directed
- Develops and provides risk management planning support, including insurance, annuity, long-term care, and life insurance analysis
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to recommend the best solution to solve client or operational problems and be accountable for those decisions.
- Identifies gaps and recommendations in the financial plan and provides feedback to the advisor.
- Review task assignments for each client and work directly with team members to ensure all follow-up and action items resulting from client meetings are documented in CRM and completed within the specified time frame.
- Supports Compliance to maintain an effective and robust investment advisory compliance program
- Performs other compliance-related tasks and projects as assigned
Experience and Education:
- A bachelor’s degree with CFP® designation
- 5+ years of experience in a financial planning role
- Series 65 required
- Leadership experience preferred
- Existing client relationships a plus
- Experience with Securities, Financial Planning, and Insurance preferred
- Experience working with various Custodian Platforms (Fidelity, Schwab, TD, etc.)
- Experience with financial planning software, eMoney preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred
- Knowledge of Broker-Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations a plus
- Proficient in Google Apps / MS 360 / etc.
- Demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and can deal with confidential information daily
- Ability to deal with stress in an ever-changing investment market and financial services
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation includes base salary plus a company revenue pool incentive.
Generous benefits include: Medical, Vision, and Dental, Health Savings Account contribution, PTO and paid holidays, Life and AD&D, LTD, STD, Traditional and Roth 401(k) with match, Profit Sharing, Tuition Assistance Program, and more.