The Senior Investment Advisor at Donaldson Capital Management is an integral part of our team. This great communicator, influencer, and enthusiastic person will demonstrate the vision, positive culture, and team spirit of DCM and will develop those attributes in the advisors on their team. They will guide and educate clients through the ups and downs of their lives.
The Senior Investment Advisor is one of the most experienced advisors in the firm. They will mentor and train the members of their team. They will identify and engage new markets and will drive new client relationships. They will also cultivate ongoing relationships with clients who generate the most revenue for the firm or present the greatest potential for future revenue directly or through referrals.
A Senior Investment Advisor will conduct meetings with clients, other advisors, and front-office staff members to lead their team’s clients and advisors through the decision-making processes of financial planning and investing. This includes discussing comprehensive financial planning strategies, advance planning vehicles that are appropriate for complex client situations, and the income, gift, and estate tax implications of each planning vehicle. They are ultimately responsible for the strategies they recommend and help implement. They must be comfortable managing the coordination of the entire planning process with clients, other advisors, and the financial planning team.
- An entrepreneurial thinker who is energized by the opportunity to build DCM brand, DCM team, new relationships, and client base in the greater Indianapolis area
- This role will have the support and resources of the DCM offices, Senior Advisors, and Leadership for prospecting and client service.
- Identify, nurture, and develop new relationships with the goal of converting them to newly managed clients.
- Lead business development efforts and develop relationships with key influencers and other professionals or companies to generate more referral relationships.
- Increase managed assets and referrals by delivering on a client experience above & beyond expectations when interacting with existing clients.
- Serve as the primary advisor for a group of clients selected for their potential value to the firm or influence in their communities.
- Deepen relationships with selected clients.
- Communicate with clients by understanding their needs, objectives, goals, and concerns, and the tools that are available to them to use for financial planning implementation. Communicate and represent clients with their chosen outside professionals to coordinate strategies, implement plans, and carry out client service requests.
Supervisory & Mentoring
- Train, Develop, and Mentor the team's other advisors on investing, financial planning, relationship management, and prospecting activities to drive firm growth.
- The Senior Investment Advisor has management and supervisory duties. They oversee the management functions of their advisory team. The Senior Advisor has well-developed management knowledge and is responsible for managing the practice, supervising employees, and developing new business.
- Review and adjust financial plans and investment strategies for the clients they serve.
- Analyze data or information to identify issues and to determine the best strategies for clients and make recommendations on findings. Utilize the team to implement any needed changes or perform related actions. The advisor is accountable for any financial advice they offer clients.
- Evaluate Information to determine compliance with standards by using relevant information, experience, and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Identify concerns, problems, or opportunities within client data, and notifies their team to have them remedy or respond as needed.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to management or other groups in the firm on technical, systems, or process-related topics.
- Ensure phones and visitors are answered promptly and professionally.
- Record activities, service requests, and opportunities to be updated in the CRM.
- Foster a robust investment advisory culture of compliance
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- CFP® required
- An excellent regulatory record (U4)
- Pursuit of Advanced designation/degree (CPA, CFA, ChFC, AIF, MBA) preferred
- 10+ years of experience in advisory focus working directly with clients as a lead advisor
- Strong Sales ability required
- Demonstrated strong servant leadership experience required
- Extensive experience with Securities, Financial Planning, Investments, and Insurance required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Extensive knowledge of Investment Management
- Extensive knowledge in financial planning analysis and modeling specifically to HNW clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM preferred
- Demonstration of strong personal values and self-awareness
- Demonstrated ability to deal with stress in an ever-changing investment market and financial services in a calm and collected manner.
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems.
- Ability & willingness to adapt to changing technology & integrate quickly
- Highly developed emotional intelligence and professionalism with clients and colleagues.
- Can handle confidential information with care daily
We have a robust compensation model with base salary and certification-designation-degree pay, as well as incentive pay that comes from the revenue pool program, and kicker pay
401(k) pre- or post-tax at a 4% total compensation match, Annual Profit Sharing
PTO and Workplace Flexibility
Team members are not limited to a specific number of vacation, personal, or sick days, hybrid work flexibility, maternity, and parental time off
Medical, Vision, Dental, Supplemental, HSA, Dependent Care FSA, ST, and LT Disability, Life and AD&D
Education Advancement, Tuition Loan Program, Career Coaching
Dave Ramsey SmartDollar, Financial Planning, No Fees for Investment Management
Cell phone, laptop, remote accessories if needed
Wholesale club membership, parking garage, annual charitable donation